11/22/2013

An Open Letter to the Video Game Masses, From a Fellow Gamer.

Dear Gaming Universe,

OK I get it, we all have our preferences, Game Systems, Titles, and Features available, but all this “Mine’s Better than Your’s” back and forth is creating something that I never, in over 25 years of playing Nintendo, Sega, Sony and Microsoft Systems, thought would happen

I HAVE BECOME EMBARRASSED TO ADMIT THAT I AM A GAMER!

Yes you read that right, I, someone who believes in the rights of gamers to choose, I someone who has in the past even suggested the use of Video Games to help with overcoming mobility related disabilities, I the guy who would be willing to sit and discuss Games and Systems for hours and like so many others in the world even can say I have a Photo of myself with Video Games Live creator, and Game Music Composer Tommy Tallarico am so disappointed with the way fans of both sides Xbox and Playstation 4 are behaving that I want to hide away and not even admit to things like having been a beta Tester for Jak X Combat Racing

The Video game communities, especially on a site like Google Plus, are filled with people who by age are supposed to be “Adults” yet are doing childish stuff along the lines of things like this


and this




It is childish actions like these that have left me in a mindset where rather than looking forward to the New Generation of BOTH Systems, new version of Uncharted on the PS4 and Halo on the Xbox One, unique ways to test my skills and entertain myself for hours, I would rather not even admit to being a Gamer, thank you all for that and enjoy your toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment